About our Nicaragua Projects
CC International provides for all food, lodging, volunteer project coordination, a full time bilingual guide, in-country transportation, travel emergency medical insurance, support of project partners, and a recreation activity.. Projects are developed and prioritized by families and community organizations living in the small rural communities we support in Nicaragua.
- Arrive at Managua International Airport met by CC International volunteer coordinator.
- Transfer to accommodations.
- Transfer to Matagalpa.
- Project and Local area Orientation.
- Information session about sustainability by an expert in sustainable development in Nicaragua.
- La Corona volunteer projects.
- Volunteers work in the community.
- Activities focus on environmental preservation, improvement of infrastructure and educational activities, such as pracitcing English with children from the community.
- Volunteers will learn traditional Nicaraguan cooking and hike to a nearby waterfall, in a preservation area.
- Recreation and cultural exploration.
- Visit to colonial city of Granada
- Mombacho Volcano Canopy Tour
- Departure Day.
- Transfer to the international airport 2 hrs before flight.
Accommodations and Meals
Volunteers will stay volunteer facilities that have been inspected and approved by CCI. In order to be approved facilities must have the following;
- Safe and clean sleeping areas
- Clean and functional bathroom facilities
- Sanitary food services
- Access to medical support
- Onsite communications
- Fresh water
Rest and Recreation
The recreation program will vary based on the location of your project. Possible activities include rainforest hiking, rafting, surfing, snorkeling and horseback riding. The recreational activity is included in the project service fee.
Project Service Fee
The Project Service Fee of $885.00 per person is based on seven nights and eight days, and includes all food, lodging, in country transportation, full time volunteer coordinator, project materials, liability insurance, and educational/recreational activity. Project Service Fee does not include flights to and from Puerto Rico. Fill out a volunteer team sign up form to get started.